Friday, May 6, 2011

Kentucky or Tennessee?


Kentucky or Tennessee?
For me... TN rocks, KY sucks! Tennessee: As a Texan, I can relate to TN people well. Very laid back, mellow, friendly, warm. Just a great place to be. Beale St. in Memphis, Opry in Nashville, the Smokies in the east, Jack Daniels, Kentucky Lake, Reelfoot Lake, Oak Ridge, so many neat things to see and do. There are four distinct seasons, but winter is still relatively mild (well, cold by Texas standards, but still...) Plus, it's a football state! It also has great schools like Rhodes, Vanderbilt, UT, Belmont, and the Univ. of the South. Kentucky: beautiful state, but that's it. I found people there to be impolite and pretentious, small towns are very "set in their ways" and clandestine, the drivers are terrible, and the educational system is worse. (Plus, I can't stand all of the obnoxious UK fans around Lexington.) Even though it has neat landmarks such as Mammoth Cave, KFC, and Keeneland, I try to spend as little time there as I can while visiting family or on business.
Geography - 4 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
u need a bigger hat, go back to texas and stay


2
You are forgetting about Louisville, the Kentucky Derby, Bluegrass music, the Cumberland Pass, and Daniel Boone. Plenty of history there. And BTW, is Louisville University any worse than UT? And who is the perennial top 5 in Basketball? I'll give you two hints: They dress either in cardinal red or in wildcat blue. And what is the best known bat in the major leagues? Is it not the Louisville Slugger? My sister used to live in Memphis. Nobody more racist in the whole Mississippi Valley than the people of Memphis. Stuck up so that their noses looked as if they were perpetually bleeding. If your skin is not lily white and you can relate three or four generations back to plantation owners Mama Belle and Uncle Jim Bob, you are not blue-blooded enough tobe their friend. I drove TN from Chattanooga to Memphis. Beautifu, indeed. But I don't think I would ever EVER live there. I happen to be a double or triple minority and thelastthing I need is for some man dressed in a bedsheet to come knocking on my door just because my last name is not Johnson, Jones, Claggett, Richards or similar. Kentucky may not be the best, but neither is Tennessee. If I had a choice I'd rather stay put than attempt to live in either.


3
hey-- I'm really sorry that you found the people in KY to be unpleasant. Especially since the people in nearby Indiana (which is to the north, mind you!) are so nice, I experienced this living 7 years there. And I'm not even white, I am South Asian (Asian Indian) in ethnicity (but American nationality, a slightly "hickish" Indiana/Kentucky accent too boot!). I personally found Kentuckians to be pretty cool people, and I am surprised that you have not had that experience. Also, people in nearby West Virginia tend to be extremely nice. If you want to see unfriendly people, visit a Northeastern/Eastern Great Lakes area such as Cleveland, Ohio, or Philadelphia, PA. ;-) KYans, again, as other midwesterners and southerners, I thought, are nice people. Though you are right, Tennesseans are very nice folks. Especially in Nashville. I live in Georgia now (and have lived there a total of 8 years), and GA residents are equally nice to me. Again, remember that I'm neither white nor black.


4
Tennessee!

Popular Posts