Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I was summoned to jury duty in Memphis, TN but I haven't lived there for over 2 years?


I was summoned to jury duty in Memphis, TN but I haven't lived there for over 2 years?
I live in Florida now and have a Florida driver's license/car registration as well as Florida voter registration. My dad, to whose address the summons was sent, said he thinks all I need to do to get out of jury duty is fax a copy of my Florida driver's license to prove that I am no longer considered a Tennessee resident, plus I'm also a student in Florida and going to jury duty in Memphis would require me to miss school. Does anyone else have experience with this? I'm afraid they won't accept my faxed FL driver's license copy and I will get a court order or a fine or something for not attending. Thanks for your help.
Civic Participation - 1 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
Contact the Jury service and tell them what has happened. this won't be the first time it has happened and they will sort it out for you. The sooner you call, the sooner it will be sorted.

Popular Posts