Wednesday, January 12, 2011

How can I get into TSU(Tennessee State University) or U of M(University of Memphis)??


How can I get into TSU(Tennessee State University) or U of M(University of Memphis)??
I'm going to try to make straight A's this year.When school starts I will be in the 11th Grade...Last year my GPA was a 2.11(bad I know) and I failed Algebra 2 and Spanish 2...Can I still get into college??What are my chances of getting into college?? And what can I do now to get in?..I live in Memphis.
Higher Education (University +) - 2 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
Even though you failed two classes it is still possible to get into any college but it will take the next 2 to 4 years of hard work to prove to the colleges that you are worth the risk. Straight A's would be a good start. Extra curricular activities will also help. Even if you do not get into the college after you graduate, you still have a second chance. You have to to to a community or junior college for your first two years then transfer to TSU or Memphis. If you do really well in community college then you will be more likely to be accepted as a transfer. The added bonus about this way is that community college is cheaper and after you transfer and complete your degree, it will say TSU or U of M and not even mention the community college.


2
Don't worry. All hope is not lost. Just work hard and you will get into college. Here's a little secret. The University of Memphis offers developmental courses (fancy way of saying 'high school courses'). These are for people who didn't do so well in English/Math/etc. in high school. My friend had to take a few of the developmental math courses. The developmental courses would be the last option if you had to. I think that you still have a chance. Get tutoring if you have to. Find a study buddy. I know that you can do this! Just put some effort into it. You sound like you are very determined which will definately help you this upcoming school year. After my first semester of college, I had a 2.75 GPA. I was so determined to pull it up that I did pull it up to a 3.33 GPA. I have pulled it up even more! Just use your time wisely and study! You'll be fine! :)

Popular Posts