Thursday, June 30, 2011

My family is always trying to make me look and feel stupid? And are mean to me?


My family is always trying to make me look and feel stupid? And are mean to me?
My mom and step dad always call me a dumb*** cause I'm clumbsy. And my papaw thinks I'm stupid and that I run into things on purpose when I don't. I run into things cause I don't see them...everything is like an invisible wall to me. And they're always calling me stupid cause I have dirty blonde-brown hair. Yet I'm smart, one of the smartest in class, but just not common sense smart. And my little sister is a kiss up, and she's OCD, like the rest of the family. But I'm the only one that isn't, and they are always like "Why can't you be like your sister?! She's outgoing and has good work ethic." But I'm shy, and I have good work ethic. And they don't know what she does. We're not allowed to date, which we do anyway....but I don't tell people. She tells our family when she has a boyfriend and doesn't get introuble for it. And they think she's better than me, but she's a little weakling that thinks she needs a man to count on and live. She got on her knees and begged this on guy to date her! And she always says she could never live without guys, and she's just annoying. Like she over shadows me. It's like I'm the odd outkast of the family. I read, I'm not cocky and confident, I like rock, screamo, hip-hop, metal, christian rock, metal and hip-hop. and they all like the opposite. And I'm the only pale one. I always try my hardest in school. I actually want to go to college. None of my family did. I'm not real girly. All of my family are Jehovah's witness, But I'm like closer to Pentecostal, except don't wear skirts. All the girls in my family dress like tramps, I don't. I'm like the odd one out in my family. And I'm more stable than them. And my nana and mom try to control my life, like, "You are going to UT Knox, it's the closest to home, cause there is no way you're going to University or Memphis." But I don't want to go to either, I want to go to Arizona. I just don't want to speak up. I want to get away from them is why I want to go to Arizona...not anywhere in Tennessee, Kentucky, Alabama, Mississippi, etc. But I'm in 7th grade I don't need to worry about that. But anyways, They always call me stuff and talk to me slowly like I'm mentally retarded and stuff. I can't speak up cause I don't want to get grounded. What do I do? Advice pleaseeee. sorry if it's too long They will just laugh if I say I want to go to Arizona for college...cause right now I am in 7th grade. They even laughed when I said I wanted to be a Special Victim's Unit Detective a few days ago.
Family - 5 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
Make your self economically independent. Get rid of them by going away to some new place. Start living independently. Start speaking from now on and defend your self. Offense is the best defense sometimes.


2
Sorry for what you are experiencing. God will surely help you. I think your problem is not something that can be handle by a simple answer online. I will advice you to talk to a pastor, because you need some counseling and guidance. Have you talk to a minister already? If not try to do that, ok?


3
I'm from a pretty close family, but I agree with the first response to your question. You're going to need to show independence. I know it's rough because you're a little quiet and shy. There's absolutely no shame in that. You're different than the rest of them. Celebrate your difference! Revel in the fact that you're different! You may want to check out some classes in dealing with shyness. You also mentioned that you run into things because you don't see them. Uh, my friend, you should get your vision, etc, checked out. You'll want to nip that in the bud before it gets worse.


4
Stand up for yourself. Don't be scare. They walk all over you because they think your a push over and people will take advantage of that. Put your foot down tell them where your applying for college (good luck by the way), and let them know it's your choice not theirs. The world is hard when you get out on your own and if you don't start to learn to be strong and stand up for yourself now it's going to be a lot harder after you move out and go to college. You think your family is hard now. Good luck!


5
Doesn't matter what they say about you - work toward what you want. but follow the rules they set and keep the peace. and it is not God that is doing this - It is the actions of people so pray for the strength to carry through.

Popular Posts