Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Can a 16 year old choose what parent he wants to live with in Memphis Tennessee Courts?


Can a 16 year old choose what parent he wants to live with in Memphis Tennessee Courts?
My father doesnt do much with me or for me he doesnt buy me anything and the school I go to is a so called good school but it is racist. My mother buys all of my things and we do things. My fathers side we just visit my step mothers family and i visit my real family with my mother. I rather live with her but my dad thinks he does the right things but he doesnt and he thinks she doesnt. Any advice. I Live with my dad now and Iv'e been living with him for 10 or 11 years and there is lack of food, he never buys me anything, my room just has a bed, nightstand that he bought, and tv (that my mom bought. no dresser, i barely have clothes and the ones i have are ones my mom bought. he only bought me 1 thing for christmas and he got it like 4 months after christmas. She has bought me a laptop, ipod, playstation 3 and more in 3 christmas's. And now all of a sudden he wants child support. She only gets 600 out of her check after paying bills, and hes trynna get 500 per month and hes not going to spend it on me. so if she is giving him the child support i really wont have anything cause she buys everything.
Family - 4 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
The judge will definitely listen to who you prefer to live with at your age. It will be primarily your decision. Unless there are some major problems with your mother it shouldn't really be a big issue. You are old enough at 16 to decide where you want to be unless there is proof of your mom being abusive or negligent.


2
yes!


3
At 16, you determine 100% who you want to live with.... If there is record that he doesn't pay child support, and that you have lived with your mother for the majority of your life, then there's no reason to worry...The Family Court Judge will speak with you, and as long as you stress your need to stay with your mother, then there is no problem (Unless your Mom has had incidents with the police, or been investigated by Family Services for Neglect or Child Endangerment.) If none of that has ever happened, and you want to stay with your Mother, then quit worrying...At 16, you hold your fate in your hands......Smile dear.. :) Good Luck!!


4
Since you are older, the courts will be more likely to listen to your testimony. I would tell the judge or whoever exactly whats going on.

Popular Posts