Monday, April 4, 2011

What do I do if I lost a library book?


What do I do if I lost a library book?
I recently checked out two library books- 'Warriors don't Cry', and 'Farewell to Manzanar'. I live in Memphis, Tennessee. I am 12 years old, and I have lost the book 'Warriors don't cry'! I go to Craigmont Middle, and if I left it there, there is no hope for me getting it back! (You can forget about it!) I also think that I left it in my Auntie's car. I also could have left it over my grandmother's house. (I walk there every day after school). But, today was different. As we were walking, we just so happened to see my auntie about to turn the corner, so we called for her, and she gave us a ride there. It is a possibility that I left it at school in my 6th period class. I JUST CAN"T REMEMBER WHERE I PUT THE DARN THING!!!!! Will I have to pay EXTRA money when I pay for it if I don't find it? Will the library put me on probation for losing a book? WHAT SHOULD I DO!!!?????????
Books & Authors - 6 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
The books usually only cost 10.00 or so.


2
In our library it wasn't a big deal. They just asked us to donate some other kids' books. Or they might make you pay for them. Don't worry about. It's not a big deal.


3
Libraries are surprisingly cool about it. They'll ask you to pay the replacement cost of the book, with identical binding if it was a special library copy. And if you should find it, or someone else does and turns it in, they'll give you back your money. (Save the receipt.) You won't get any kind of 'black mark' on your record, no probation, no borrowing limitations. Stuff happens, and you've taken responsibility for the loss.


4
Since you're 12, I'm sure they'll let you off easy. Usually they just ask you to replace the book, or to donate some other books of equal value. Us growed ups are usually asked to pay a fine, but I'm sure you won't be.


5
ugh youll just have to pay for it :( sorries


6
First tell your mother about it and if you have the checkout slip, bring that with you when you go to the library. I don't know how the library is run in Memphis, but in my library where I work, we would put it in our computer on "trace" this way there will be no added late fees on the book and when you find it, you would just have to pay a small fine. If you can't find, lets say in four weeks you would have to pay or the book. Don't worry you won't be on probation for losing the book. Hope you find your book.

Popular Posts