Thursday, April 14, 2011

Who should I ask for help for this recycling project?




Who should I ask for help for this recycling project?
Ok, so at my high school we have about well A LOT of students and we throw away about 1,500 milk and orange juice cartons away DAILY! I want to try to recycle these and give them to a paper factory or something so the can make it into paper that we could use or something like that. Who should I ask. I've looked everyone but I can't find a paper factory anywhere. Can someone please help me! And just in case you need to know I live in Memphis, Tennessee so anywhere around that area would be grand! Please help me as soon as you can!
Green Living - 1 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
I would suggest you call the City of Memphis Solid Waste Management. Note #1: Milk and orange juice cartons are not just cardboard. They are lined with polyethylene (a type of plastic) to keep the liquids inside. As a result it may be more difficult to recycle them into paper. Note #2: Rather than recycling, why doesn't your school try to reduce waste in the first place? They could buy milk and orange juice in big 10-gallon jugs rather than little 0.5-gallon cartons. Then there would be a lot less packaging in the first place.

Popular Posts