Sunday, April 24, 2011

Goodlettsville / White House Tennessee??? Information?


Goodlettsville / White House Tennessee??? Information?
I am from Memphis Tn, my family is considering relocating to the nashville area. When researching cities iv found that houses are in my price range and very nice in the Goodlettsville / White House area. It seems to be quite country living but still close to the city, and iv read great things about the schools in that area. Can anyone confirm this and/or give me more information about this area?? Thanks!!
Other - United States - 1 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
I'm not sure if I answered questions for you previously about the area, but White House (from what I've heard) apparently is a little bit racist still- not 100% on this so forgive anyone who reads this if I'm wrong, but that's what I've heard. Yes, homes are way less expensive there, the schools are so-so for Sumner County and there is not much to do without driving, which eventually gets old, I think! No Walmart, nothing! Goodlettsville, you need to watch out for because most of the residential area is in Davidson County- where you don't really want to go to school. Parts are in Sumner County though- you just need to make sure. Also, property taxes are way less in Sumner County. Gallatin isn't as expensive as Hendersonville as far as homes, but the schools, again, aren't as good. As with all things, you pretty much get what you pay for and Hendersonville is the place to be for the best schools in Sumner. You CAN find homes for under $200,000 that are quite nice. We just bought a 2150 sq.ft. all brick house with 3 bed/2 bath upstairs and a full 1 bedroom apt with kitchen and full bath in the basement on grassy and wooded 3/4 acre near the lake for under$175,000. Look in the area off of New Shackle Island Rd. or the area between Walton Ferry Rd and Sanders Ferry Rd. Also, Hendersonville has way more shopping and restaurants and amenties on the whole then the other 2 towns, is on Old Hickory Lake and has easy access to Vietnam Veterans bypass which goes right to 65- about 30 minutes to Nashville. Why don't you come on out this way to check things out? I can't imagine anyone else answering this since it's pretty specific so here's my personal email- write and I'll give you and your family a tour if you'd like! I'm a 53 yr old grandmother who has 2 daughters and 3 grandkids living with me. I'm a nanny and I teach religious school at my synagogue- I'm actually a nice person! lydiagintn@yahoo.com I look forward to hearing from you and we can get into more detail! take care- Lydia

Popular Posts